Clipping posts and other sundry moderator duties

  • yanagroznaia
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31, 2006
      Anyone here feel up for helping me out with moderator duties? I'm
      happy to be "Yana the Terrible" when things get too...ahem...tetchy on
      the list, but it would be great to give the day-to-day moderation to
      someone (or more than one) else (for the love of all that is holy
      and/or good in the world, please clip your posts, especially if you
      are an "old" member who should know better). I just know that when I
      start school this Fall that I'm going to let posts sit in the
      moderator in-box and get stale before I get around to approving them,
      so I thought I'd take on an "apprentice" now.

      Let me know (off list, please) if you are interesting in helping out,
      especially during Pennsic, since it is looking more and more likely
      that I will actually make it this year (woo hoo!).

      You can reach me via yanajenn at yahoo dot com

      --Yana, moderatorus terribilus
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 21 5:52 AM
        Hello all SIG members!

        This is a particular call to SIG members of the East
        Kingdom. Their Royal Highnesses, Lucan and Yana,
        have most generously bestowed upon me the honor of
        serving as their Royal Clothier for their reign.

        Come Coronation, they have decided on a theme of
        Russian for their reign. Princess Yana has an
        ambitious plan: She would like a different
        seamstress/seamster to provide the royal garb for each
        event they attend. In addition, she would the garb to
        vary in Time and Place within Russian history, from
        Scythian to the end of SCA period. This would include
        Kievan, Muscovite, and Mongolian, with influences from
        Turkish and Byzantine. All who donate their time and
        efforts will be recognised as Seamstresses/Seamsters
        to the Crown. Garb can be created by a group as well
        as individuals.

        Therefore, I'm notifying interested SIG members of the
        East, in hopes that some may volunteer to assist Their
        Highnesses in preparing garb for their Royal reign.
        The events of particular importance are Coronation,
        12th Night, and Final Court. Currently, we already
        have two volunteers providing Kievan garb, and Market
        Day At Birka is spoken for. Please contact me
        privately if you are interested in volunteering.

        And of course, those SIG members who are out of the EK
        but might be able to make a trip to visit during the
        reign, here's our chance to really let Eastern
        European studies shine. Please visit!

        Thank you,
        Pomestnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
        Royal Clothier to TRHs Lucan and Yana

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • jennifer knox
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 21 6:04 AM
          What a great idea! I'm too far away to contribute, unfortunately, but I'd love to see pictures of the garb you guys make!
          Anya

          Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
[...]

          "We must judge men not so much by what they do, as by what they make us feel that they have it in them to do." --Samuel Butler

        • jennifer knox
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 21 6:08 AM
            Hi!
            Just to let you all know that another embroiderer and I have challenged each other to a year long embroidery project to recreate an embroidered medieval wall hanging. You can see it here:

            http://wallhanging.blogspot.com/

            She is doing a 14th century German wall hanging and I have chosen a 15th century Russian one from Novgorod...Any comments, feedback or advice would be really great!
            Anya

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 21 7:12 AM
              Sounds interesting.....what's the color schemes?
              'dok

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 21 7:56 AM
                You Pick. :-) Seriously, Her Highness is interested
                showcasing the talents of her Kingdom, and as long as
                the volunteer clothiers run it by her first, she's
                open to anything. Actually, the truth is, Yana looks
                good in just about anything. Obviously, the colors of
                the East are Purple, Gold, and Blue, but anything is
                allowed.

                Personally, I think she went with Russian because she
                heard me brag about "medieval bling" too many times!
                LOL!

                As a note to folks outside of the East, we will be
                doing a website showcasing all the garb that gets
                made, with photos and documentation.

                Thanks,
                Sfandra

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 21 9:17 AM
                  Well, I'm a Midrealmer but bling is interkingdom! Our
                  Hats would probably think its cool! I can ask them
                  directly if you wish? Regardless, I'll help where I
                  can then!
                  'dok

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 21 10:48 AM
                    actually, 'dok, you could be of help. I need some
                    assistance with documentation/images of Russian garb
                    Ivan the Terrible and later. Kievan I've got, Kievan
                    I can do. But if you've got links and/or image files,
                    or pattern images, that would ROCK. I'll include the
                    data, and the credit, on the website.

                    Thanks,
                    Sfandra
                    (yet another project to get done before pennsic -
                    oy....)

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/LmiolB/TM

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • M.C. Toscano
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 21 11:26 AM
                      Sfandra wrote:

                      > actually, 'dok, you could be of help. I need some
                      > assistance with documentation/images of Russian garb
                      > Ivan the Terrible and later. Kievan I've got, Kievan
                      > I can do. But if you've got links and/or image files,
                      > or pattern images, that would ROCK. I'll include the
                      > data, and the credit, on the website.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Sfandra
                      > (yet another project to get done before pennsic -
                      > oy....)

                      Sfandra, where are you located?

                      I also have some images (although, 'dok probably has much better) and
                      research materials and would be interesed in learning more.

                      Nataliia
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 21 2:42 PM
                        Nataliia,
                        I think that we both need to contribute because we
                        might be able to each broaden our own collections of
                        iimages and help Sfandra even more!ctual period
                        representation of both Ivan the terrible and his son,
                        Ivan Ivanovich! I need to scanmy other stuff but most
                        of it is either illustrative or western european in
                        origin, but period.
                        'dok

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 21 2:56 PM
                          OK, these I've gotten off of another site and are only
                          illustrative!

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 21 2:58 PM
                            still more.....

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 21 3:01 PM
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 21 3:04 PM
                                and more......

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 21 3:07 PM
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 21 3:09 PM
                                    a conspicious lack of women.....

                                  • M.C. Toscano
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 21 3:12 PM
                                      'dok

                                      It appears that your attachments are being stripped.

                                      Can you put them in either the Links or Files section??

                                      > OK, these I've gotten off of another site and are only
                                      > illustrative!

                                      Nataliia
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 21 3:15 PM
                                        and I haven't scanned my own stuff yet or the museum
                                        books...

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 21 9:07 PM
                                          will do monday!

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 24 7:42 AM
                                            OK. I'll scan them all on disk(s) and do it from home
                                            then!
                                            'dok

                                            http://mail.yahoo.com