pennsic gathering

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 1999
      Salut! This is Bogdan de la Brasov, and I know that I had fallen off the
      list for a while. The "Slavic and Hungarian Festival" is occurring on Aug
      17 (Tue) at 7:00 PM at A&S Tent 3 (more details will be in the next
      newsletter (July)). While I am disgruntled at being left out as a Native
      Transylvanian (Not truly a Slav, nor a Magyar, but THAT doesn't need to
      start again), I am in charge of the food for the gathering. I was
      wondering if there are any other aspiring cooks out there that would like
      to bring goodies (Noemi, you could come and show everyone what a great
      cook you are...). If so, please let me know ASAP so I don't have to cook
      more than I need to. I understand that the known worlde cooks meeting is
      earlier that day, and I will be there as well, so I know about cooking
      double duty, and I understand if you don't want to. I am willing to take
      what you bring, or provide recipes, though I will tell you know that
      slavic period recipes are hard to come by. The goal is for all period
      food, but not a necessity. If you do bring period food please bring a 3x5
      card with what it is and from where you got your documentation. That way
      we can all enjoy the food on a more regular basis. Also, any food you
      bring please bring a 3X5 card with the dish name and ingredients for those
      of you who may have allergies. Like I said, if you are interested in
      helping, let me know.

      Yours in service.

      Cu dragoste,
      Bogdan de la Brasov

      Jeffrey Heilveil Bogdan de la Brasov
      Department of Entomology MoAS, Barony of Wurm Wald
      University of Illinois Bucatar-sef, Wurm Wald
      heilveil@... Middle Kingdom
      (217) 398-9529
      ICQ: 34699710 A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent

      Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
      the best of all possible worlds.
      -Voltaire, _Candide_