Re: Letnik article, Pleeeeeeaaaassseee???????

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2006
      Anyone take you up on this? I have been struggling with the skimpy
      evidence I have at hand. I have this sense that the letnik was
      typically closed-front in Poland&Ukraine in the 15th-17th C. and
      open with Voshvami and looser-shaped in Muscovi, and that peasant
      dress in Poland and ukraine was more likely to use Voshvami. But
      this is just my speculation based on a random sample of pictures I
      have seen. Anecdotal.

      Also, there seems to be some thing about Voshvami, or lack of it,
      that sets Commonwealth men's dress apart from some Muscovite men's
      dress, but I don't know by how much or in what quality, or what
      periods.

      If anyone has the answer, please share; if not this would be a
      useful conversation to continue. (the information was great!)
      -Rick

      :--- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

      > Ladies,
      > This really is the next level, just outstanding!
      > I've been getting one heck of an education reading
      > your posts between you all! I was wondering, would the
      > right amount of flattery and introductory begging work
      > on you all to do a joint article, albeit an
      > inter-kingdom work?
      > I'm thinking that a lot of folks would definitely
      > benefit from your knowledge in SLOVO?????
      > 'dak
      > "Opulence is not extravagence"
    • magdalenag56
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24, 2006
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@...> wrote:

        > Anyone take you up on this?

        I did my own article and put it on my website at:

        matkamagdalena.tripod.com/

        Click on letnik page, if you want pictures click on LETNIK PICTURES.
        This is my first effort at writing and setting up a website so it
        needs polishing. Feel free to send me suggestions. I also have not
        had time to add the sewing instructions but I have the hard copy
        ready to go when life gives me a break.

        There is also an excellent article in the Spring 2006 Slovo by Pan
        Zygmunt on dress of both Polish men and women. The women's section
        has good information on Polish letniks also.

        Magdalena Gdanska
      • Rick Orli
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2006
          Yes I saw your excellent article, but I want more!
          -Rick

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "magdalenag56" <magdalenag56@...> wrote:

          > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone take you up on this?
          >
          > I did my own article and put it on my website at:
          >
          > matkamagdalena.tripod.com/
          >
          > Click on letnik page, if you want pictures click on LETNIK
          PICTURES.
          > This is my first effort at writing and setting up a website so it
          > needs polishing. Feel free to send me suggestions. I also have not
          > had time to add the sewing instructions but I have the hard copy
          > ready to go when life gives me a break.
          >
          > There is also an excellent article in the Spring 2006 Slovo by Pan
          > Zygmunt on dress of both Polish men and women. The women's section
          > has good information on Polish letniks also.
          >
          > Magdalena Gdanska

        • Lente
          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2006
            I like the picture of you. Can't wait to see the sewing instructions. Really
            not nit picking but the renaissance tailor's website is spelled wrong,
            should be http://www.vertetsable.com/research_polish.htm
            just thought you would want to know.

            Kathws

            Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:41 AM