RE: [sig] Digest Number 1987

    Message 1 of 12 , May 23, 2006
      > "I have friends who just moved to Gleann Iaruinn.
      >
      > --Sfandra"
      >
      > Gleann Abhann?

      Nope, Gleann Iaruinn. A canton of the Barony of
      Middle Marches.
      (OK, I admit, I don't really know my SCA geography
      that well -- I looked it up when my friends moved!).

      > Also I have a wonderful book on a dig south east of
      > Kiev. It is way cool and
      > took me forever to find anything like it. Since the
      > only place I could find
      > it was a German site which I had to talk to someone
      > over email IN GERMAN!. I
      > love babelfish.
      >
      > I will post some images if I can. It has childrens
      > clothes and everything.
      >
      > -Bjorn Blundr

      Sounds much cool. Or will you be at an East event
      soon, say Boredom War?
      --Sfandra

      Message 2 of 12 , May 23, 2006
        Isn't that the University of Dayton group?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , May 23, 2006
          > Isn't that the University of Dayton group?

          I doubt it, since Dayton is northwest of Portsmouth.
          According to
          <http://www.dragonscaleconsort.com/cartography/Oaken_Pages/northern_oaken.htm>
          Dayton is Barony of Flaming Gryphon. BTW, major
          props to whomever made these great click-able midrealm
          maps!

          U of Dayton seems to be the College of St. Joan.

          say has anyone ever produced a Map of the Knowne World
          as a poster?

          --Sfandra

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Kseniia Smolnianina
          Message 4 of 12 , May 23, 2006
            A friend of mine has done some beautiful ones of Antir; I can check
            and see if he's done the Knowne World.

            --Kseniia

            --
            **********************************
            Lady Kseniia Smolnianina
            Message 5 of 12 , May 23, 2006
              I have a beautiful map of the Known World, but it's very very
              old. Calontir was still a Principality.

              At 03:57 PM 5/23/2006, you wrote:
              >A friend of mine has done some beautiful ones of Antir; I can check
              >and see if he's done the Knowne World.
              >
              >--Kseniia
              >
              >On 5/23/06, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
              >
              > > say has anyone ever produced a Map of the Knowne World
              > > as a poster?
            • Karen McInturff
              Message 6 of 12 , May 23, 2006
                Nope, UD is College of St. Joan ( i live 10 min south of UD)
                Kashka

                --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

                > > "I have friends who just moved to Gleann Iaruinn.
                > >
                > > --Sfandra"

                Life is a series of roads, where we end up along the way is ours to decide.
              • Karen McInturff
                Message 7 of 12 , May 23, 2006
                  I'm not sure where to get one, but a friend of mine who has played in the SCA for a long time has one, so the maps of the Knowne World do exsist.
                  Kashka

                  [Please clip your posts. Moderator]
                • Stephanie Ross
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 23, 2006
                    Duke Merowald de Sylvaestan, originally of Midrealm, did a series of Knowne World posters during the 70's and 80's. I don't think he has done one is quite awhile. If I see him at TMT this weekend I'll ask him about it.

                    Nadya

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 24, 2006
                      Saw one at Pennsic last year, big pavilion merchant
                      tent in the corner by the side gate on the backroad to
                      Runestone Hill. The Knowne World Handbooke also has a
                      series of maps. None have much detail beyond Kingdoms.
                      Haven't seen a Midrealm one in a while.....
                      'dok

                      --- Stephanie Ross <hlaislinn@...> wrote:

                      > Duke Merowald de Sylvaestan, originally of Midrealm,
                      > did a series of Knowne World posters during the 70's
                      > and 80's. I don't think he has done one is quite
                      > awhile. If I see him at TMT this weekend I'll ask
                      > him about it.
                      >
                      > Nadya
                      >

                      > say has anyone ever produced a Map of the Knowne
                      > World
                      > as a poster?
                      >
                      > --Sfandra

                      > removed]

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Stephanie Ross
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 24, 2006
                        Doubtful that was Merowald. The map you have I bet was drawn by Merald Clark( Merowald mundanely). Look around on it and see if he didn't sign it. I have one from must be 1980 or so. Trimaris is still a region on it. Lots of details, with Principalities, Baronies and some shires on it too. Mine shows the United States on its side, and has my long-defunct original shire on it.

                        Nadya

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 25, 2006
                          Greetings All;

                          I talked to HG last year, he is out of the map making business. He
                          mainly was doing it because he thought it was pretty neat to do. But
                          over time it was taking more and more time and he was enjoying it less
                          and less. So he stoped. I think I have 4 versions mounted on my walls.
                          It is great art actually. If contacted He might have some old stock for
                          sale.
                          AVL