Re: [sig] Seam Finishes

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 17 , May 12 10:33 AM
      And if you aren't sure you want the effect that fulling will have on wool,
      try washing swatches of your wool first. Something like a 9 by 9 square
      should work fine, half that size might work fine also. I will be probably
      trying this with some tan coat weight wool that I had bought to make a wool
      mongol coat for my lord out of; he has since decided for him that will be
      too much so a chamois flannel coat is in the works. So now I am thinking I
      will end up using the coat wool to make coats for our 2 kids in the future.
      Since it is a coat weight and possibly was labeled dry clean (I've had it
      for 4 years or so) I will use some swatches to test for shrinkage and color
      loss in both hot, warm and cold water cycles; I'm planning for at least 3
      swatches.

      Kathws

      Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 8:39 AM
      Subject: Re: [sig] Seam Finishes