RE: [sig] Re: Ukranian readers?

  • Stephanie Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2006
      Sorry, I am WAAAAY behind on reading my email. The book mentioned by Liudmila has drawings in it from two other books. One is talked about by Kateryna and has the author Yuri Tkach according to my xerox copies, although it isn't in the info below. The other is _History of Ukrainian Costume_ by Tamara Nikoleva. I'm not sure I like this book much. I can't read any of it, but it seems to just gloss over and give a short history, and use tertiary sources instead of first-hand ones, like visiting a museum. Yuri Tkach seems to be the best English source for medieval and ancient Russian costume, but what were his sources? I didn't copy the bibliography when I copied it years ago. Does anyone own it?

      Nadya
      Hi,
      I'm interested what it says as well. These are the same black and
      white drawings as are in:

      History of Ukrainian costume : from the Scythian period to the late
      17th century
      Title: History of Ukrainian costume : from the Scythian period to the
      late 17th century / [art by Christina Senkiw ; line drawings by M.
      Hrokh and B. Tulin].
      Publication info: Melbourne : Bayda Books, 1986.
      Physical descrip: 62 p., [16] p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
      Subject term: Costume--Ukraine
      Bibliography note: Bibliography : p. 61-62.
      Series: (Ukrainian Heritage Library.)
      Added author: Senkiw, Christina.
      Added author: Hrokh, M.
      Added author: Tulin, B.
      ISBN: 0908480164

      I'm curious how close the two books are.

      Thanks.
      -Kataryna