Charles IV in Prague... or not!

  • Alastair Millar (IOL)
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      The "Charles IV - Emperor by the Grace of God" exhibition previously at
      the Met has moved to Prague, but don't bother trying to get to see it...

      http://praguepost.com/P03/2006/Art/0427/news1.php

      Nuff said. As an aside, Prague Castle shut down it's promotions
      department (formerly responsible for managing such events) just after
      Vaclav Klaus became president, giving some competent staff just a week's
      notice to clear their desk. (I know, because I was at that time
      providing them with translations.) This is the result, I guess...

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar BSc(Hons) - http://www.skriptorium.info
      = Translation & consultancy for the heritage industry =
    • Shannon Anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        Oh dear! I am sorry that people who care aren't
        getting to see this exhibit. It was a truly fine
        collection. I feel spoiled because I went to see it 4,
        yes 4 times. I live walking distance from the Met and
        have free membership, so I go there whenever I'm
        bored...
        I hope that the collection directors can find a way to
        extend the show. It's unfair for a silly person like
        me to see this 4 times and others to miss out!

        Margarita

        http://mail.yahoo.com