Re: [sig] Russian Knowledge Page

  • Justin (ska Iustin Branov)
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hi,

      I would be glad to take over maintenance of the pages.
      At some point, that may even include putting them on
      their own domain. I'm looking at the potential of
      signing up for hosting for myself sometime soon and
      the company I'm looking at allows registration of two
      domains when doing so.

      As to qualifications: I used to do web design as my
      job and am slowly catching myself back up on new
      stuff, i.e. CSS. I'm familiar with HTML, CFML.
      Working on ASP and JavaScript (which I never bothered
      to learn, too easy to do in CF).

      Iustin

      --- yanagroznaia <yanajenn@...> wrote:

      > Is there anyone who would like to take over the
      > maintenance of the
      > Russian Knowledge Page? It seems that Freeservers
      > has deleted the old
      > pages at <http://medievalrussia.freeservers.com>,
      > but never let me
      > know about it! I have copies of the last version
      > (which isn't all that
      > recent, actually), so I can just pop those up again,
      > but it would be
      > great if someone else could take over the project
      > for me because....
      >
      > I'm going to Grad School full time this Fall!
      >
      > Woo hoo! Yay me! And goodbye any hint of free time.
      >
      > So, if you are interested, go ahead and "apply"
      > here, on the List.
      >
      > --Yana, future professional libarryan (that's
      > "librarian," to all
      > youse who don't speak Midwestern)

      Justin Griffing
      Yahoo: jm_griffing
      AIM: JMGriffingIM

      Nullo metro compositum est.
      Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.

      There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • yanagroznaia
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 4, 2006
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Justin \(ska Iustin Branov\)"
        <jm_griffing@...> wrote:

        > I would be glad to take over maintenance of the pages.
        > At some point, that may even include putting them on
        > their own domain. I'm looking at the potential of
        > signing up for hosting for myself sometime soon and
        > the company I'm looking at allows registration of two
        > domains when doing so.

        Yay!!! Sounds like you've got the job, unless there is anyone else
        that would like to arm-wrestle you for it. I will leave it up to you
        as to where to host it, all I advise is that the site has a minimum of
        advertizements on it.

        > As to qualifications: I used to do web design as my
        > job and am slowly catching myself back up on new
        > stuff, i.e. CSS. I'm familiar with HTML, CFML.
        > Working on ASP and JavaScript (which I never bothered
        > to learn, too easy to do in CF).

        Awesome. I'm sure that you will do fine. Phew!

        Would you like to discuss the further handing-over on or off list?
        Your choice.

        --Yana