A Livonian Book of Hours?

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2006
      Hi all,
      I have found a frustratingly tempting reference to a Book of Hours
      from 1420 from Livy, which has illustrations of a doner (one would
      assume)wearing clothes. (Yes, I'm a costuming nutter.)

      All I know is that it is mentioned in
      de Hamel, Christopher. "A History of Illuminated Manuscripts."
      (London: Phaidon, 1997) 192-193

      Would anyone happen to have a copy of that book (there don't seem to
      be any publically available copies in Australia) and may be able to
      give more information on the subject?

      The reference comes from a PDF on Paternosters and Rosaries by Mestra
      Rafaella d'Allemtejo, available online at:
      http://users.easystreet.com/rafaella/paternosters2003.pdf

      The PDF also mentions a manuscript illumination of Saint Hedwig of
      Silesia with Duke Ludwig of Legnica and Brieg and Duchess Agn├ęs, from
      1353 Poland. There IS an image online of that at
      http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/artObjectDetails?artobj=4364&handle=li

      If anyone could help out with my search, it would be greatly appreciated

      Asfrithr