Re: Kvas revisited

  • Castalia
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 2, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: MHoll@... <MHoll@...>
      >> My registered SCA name is Olena Kseniia Barsova.
      >>
      >> --Yana (still looking for a new name)
      >
      >Drop Kseniia! Olena is nice. How about Olisava (i.e. Elizabeth?)
      >Predslava,

      I agree with Predslava on the point that middle names in Russian have for a
      long time been patronymics, as you know, taken from the father's personal
      name. And it is interesting that even today, Russians who don't know each
      other well use both the first name and the Patronymic in conversation.

      In service
      K.
    • MHoll@xxx.xxx
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 5, 1999
        In a message dated 12/4/1999 10:37:56 AM Central Standard Time,
        jeffsmith2000@... writes:

        > [applause!!!] :)

        [Deep curtsey]

        Predslava.