Szur on Ebay

  • Stephanie Ross
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2006
      Hungarian szur coat from the last century, for sale on Ebay - fantastic
      photos!!

      http://cgi.ebay.com/1938-HUNGARIAN-Embroidered-Folk-Costume-COAT-Szur-FUR_W0
      QQitemZ7393756927QQcategoryZ2204QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2006
        Hmmm....basically a princess line pattern, with felt
        appliques abd cross-stitch over the additional leather
        layers and a beaver collar.

        Spotted Pony Traders at Pennsic sell the 24" x 48"
        sections of tanned marmot fur for next to nothing, the
        leather is fairly thin so it would be easy to sew. I
        bet that you could get some scratch and dent beaver
        from the Moscow Fur Co. on-line to do the cuffs and
        collar.......

        The rest is craft felt and embroidery. 3 weeks steady
        work, all in all. If you make the pattern pieces in
        pencil and use a utility razor blade from the hardware
        store, cutting with the fur grain but on the leather
        side.....should be easy!

        I already have a furlined coat or I'd do it
        myself....anyone up for it? If you enter it at the
        Pennsic Laurel prize tourney with documentation,
        you'll be sponsored. Irene Niceulescu should do for
        the docs.
        'dok

        --- Stephanie Ross <hlaislinn@...> wrote:

        > Hungarian szur coat from the last century, for sale
        > on Ebay - fantastic
        > photos!!

        http://cgi.ebay.com/1938-HUNGARIAN-Embroidered-Folk-Costume-COAT-Szur-FUR_W0

        QQitemZ7393756927QQcategoryZ2204QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Lente
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22, 2006
          I just found this article, "Embroidered Sheepskin Coats of Central Europe",
          de Samarjoy, Anne Marie. The Bulletin of the Needle and Bobbin Club, Vol. 64
          (1981), 28 pages. Now if a person really wanted to make a leather coat/cloak
          this article might help.
          http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/articles/nb81_em2.pdf

          Kathws

          Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 9:38 AM