RE : Re: [sig] Cavemen prefer blondes

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2006
      I found a copy of the full original Frost article on a...

      wait for it...

      white-supremacist website.  Fancy that.

      Accordingly, I will not post the URL here.  You can "search" for it easily enough yourself, if you're so inclined.
      It does present a lot of the missing information - ethnographic analysis, genes involved, climate data, etc.  However, I didn't notice any discussion of food preservation, or the lack thereof, in the original article, so either I missed it or the auther of the summary article threw that in just for fun.  I also didn't see any good explanation against the "founder effect", and no explanation for how the "European" mutations arose in the first place, which is the real mystery.  (Sexual selection can only change the relative popularity of a trait, not create the trait to bein with.)  Maybe aliens exposed the northern Europeans to cosmic radiation.  ;)

      Sofya