Re: RE : [sig] New pic

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
      WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
      laws?????? Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
      complement your complexion!
      'dok

      --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

      > > And with fabric that gorgeous you can be forgiven
      > > for succumbing to acetate :)
      > >
      > > Sofya
      >
      > LOL! I thought so. The best part was the vendor I
      > got all the fabric from last year saw me this year.
      > Somewhere there's a picture of me in front of her
      > bolts. Look, a chameleon! ;)
      > --Sfandra

      > protection around
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
        Sfandra, I just read your signature line...I have made the mistake of
        that..that was painful...esepcially after a 3 hour court.

        Ianuk
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
          > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
          > laws??????

          LOL! Come come, you must know that the People's
          Republic of the East has no sumptuary laws. :-)
          (Seriously. We don't. None. Only reserved regalia
          is Society-wide regalia. Not even red belts are
          reserved by _law_ -- custom is a different matter.)

          >Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
          > complement your complexion!
          > 'dok

          *BLUSH* Thanks. That Irish skin has to be good for
          something.

          FWIW, I did compile a number of references to beauty
          from several old folktales, and established a makeup
          routine for events that deliberately aim at folktale
          standards of beauty. This means I dyed my hair darker
          (alright, I would have probably done that anyway),
          used a slightly paler powder, darkened the eyebrows,
          and used a very careful hand on blush and lipgloss. a
          *touch* of eyeliner and mascara bring out the eyes.
          Certain phrases in the folktales do jump out at you --
          "brows like a raven's wing" "lips like berries".
          Wasn't there a Slovo article on this topic too?

          --Sfandra

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
            Absolutely! And may I say that your beauty would grace
            any street in Novgorod the Great and positively glow
            in Old Kiev! Vivat!
            'dok

            --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

            > > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
            > > laws??????
            >
            > LOL! Come come, you must know that the People's
            > Republic of the East has no sumptuary laws. :-)
            > (Seriously. We don't. None. Only reserved regalia
            > is Society-wide regalia. Not even red belts are
            > reserved by _law_ -- custom is a different matter.)
            >
            > >Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
            > > complement your complexion!
            > > 'dok
            >
            > *BLUSH* Thanks. That Irish skin has to be good for
            > something.
            >
            > FWIW, I did compile a number of references to beauty
            > from several old folktales, and established a makeup
            > routine for events that deliberately aim at folktale
            > standards of beauty. This means I dyed my hair
            > darker
            > (alright, I would have probably done that anyway),
            > used a slightly paler powder, darkened the eyebrows,
            > and used a very careful hand on blush and lipgloss.
            > *touch* of eyeliner and mascara bring out the eyes.
            > Certain phrases in the folktales do jump out at you
            > --
            > "brows like a raven's wing" "lips like berries".
            > Wasn't there a Slovo article on this topic too?
            >
            > --Sfandra

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Lewis Tanzos
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
              > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary laws??????

              East Kingdom has no sumptuary laws beyond those imposed at Corporate.
              Also, people here tend to not care too much when many of those are
              violated.

              - Istvan