Re: RE : [sig] New pic

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
      > And with fabric that gorgeous you can be forgiven
      > for succumbing to acetate :)
      >
      > Sofya

      LOL! I thought so. The best part was the vendor I
      got all the fabric from last year saw me this year.
      Somewhere there's a picture of me in front of her
      bolts. Look, a chameleon! ;)
      --Sfandra

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
          WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
          laws?????? Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
          complement your complexion!
          'dok

          --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

          > > And with fabric that gorgeous you can be forgiven
          > > for succumbing to acetate :)
          > >
          > > Sofya
          >
          > LOL! I thought so. The best part was the vendor I
          > got all the fabric from last year saw me this year.
          > Somewhere there's a picture of me in front of her
          > bolts. Look, a chameleon! ;)
          > --Sfandra

          > protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
            Sfandra, I just read your signature line...I have made the mistake of
            that..that was painful...esepcially after a 3 hour court.

            Ianuk
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
              > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
              > laws??????

              LOL! Come come, you must know that the People's
              Republic of the East has no sumptuary laws. :-)
              (Seriously. We don't. None. Only reserved regalia
              is Society-wide regalia. Not even red belts are
              reserved by _law_ -- custom is a different matter.)

              >Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
              > complement your complexion!
              > 'dok

              *BLUSH* Thanks. That Irish skin has to be good for
              something.

              FWIW, I did compile a number of references to beauty
              from several old folktales, and established a makeup
              routine for events that deliberately aim at folktale
              standards of beauty. This means I dyed my hair darker
              (alright, I would have probably done that anyway),
              used a slightly paler powder, darkened the eyebrows,
              and used a very careful hand on blush and lipgloss. a
              *touch* of eyeliner and mascara bring out the eyes.
              Certain phrases in the folktales do jump out at you --
              "brows like a raven's wing" "lips like berries".
              Wasn't there a Slovo article on this topic too?

              --Sfandra

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
                Absolutely! And may I say that your beauty would grace
                any street in Novgorod the Great and positively glow
                in Old Kiev! Vivat!
                'dok

                --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

                > > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
                > > laws??????
                >
                > LOL! Come come, you must know that the People's
                > Republic of the East has no sumptuary laws. :-)
                > (Seriously. We don't. None. Only reserved regalia
                > is Society-wide regalia. Not even red belts are
                > reserved by _law_ -- custom is a different matter.)
                >
                > >Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
                > > complement your complexion!
                > > 'dok
                >
                > *BLUSH* Thanks. That Irish skin has to be good for
                > something.
                >
                > FWIW, I did compile a number of references to beauty
                > from several old folktales, and established a makeup
                > routine for events that deliberately aim at folktale
                > standards of beauty. This means I dyed my hair
                > darker
                > (alright, I would have probably done that anyway),
                > used a slightly paler powder, darkened the eyebrows,
                > and used a very careful hand on blush and lipgloss.
                > *touch* of eyeliner and mascara bring out the eyes.
                > Certain phrases in the folktales do jump out at you
                > --
                > "brows like a raven's wing" "lips like berries".
                > Wasn't there a Slovo article on this topic too?
                >
                > --Sfandra

                > protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Lewis Tanzos
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
                  > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary laws??????

                  East Kingdom has no sumptuary laws beyond those imposed at Corporate.
                  Also, people here tend to not care too much when many of those are
                  violated.

                  - Istvan