RE : [sig] New pic

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
      Beautiful outfit.  I notice you matched the patterns at the seams, too.  Nice touch.

      And with fabric that gorgeous you can be forgiven for succumbing to acetate.  :)

      Sofya

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
        > And with fabric that gorgeous you can be forgiven
        > for succumbing to acetate :)
        >
        > Sofya

        LOL! I thought so. The best part was the vendor I
        got all the fabric from last year saw me this year.
        Somewhere there's a picture of me in front of her
        bolts. Look, a chameleon! ;)
        --Sfandra

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
            WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
            laws?????? Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
            complement your complexion!
            'dok

            --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

            > > And with fabric that gorgeous you can be forgiven
            > > for succumbing to acetate :)
            > >
            > > Sofya
            >
            > LOL! I thought so. The best part was the vendor I
            > got all the fabric from last year saw me this year.
            > Somewhere there's a picture of me in front of her
            > bolts. Look, a chameleon! ;)
            > --Sfandra

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
              Sfandra, I just read your signature line...I have made the mistake of
              that..that was painful...esepcially after a 3 hour court.

              Ianuk
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
                > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
                > laws??????

                LOL! Come come, you must know that the People's
                Republic of the East has no sumptuary laws. :-)
                (Seriously. We don't. None. Only reserved regalia
                is Society-wide regalia. Not even red belts are
                reserved by _law_ -- custom is a different matter.)

                >Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
                > complement your complexion!
                > 'dok

                *BLUSH* Thanks. That Irish skin has to be good for
                something.

                FWIW, I did compile a number of references to beauty
                from several old folktales, and established a makeup
                routine for events that deliberately aim at folktale
                standards of beauty. This means I dyed my hair darker
                (alright, I would have probably done that anyway),
                used a slightly paler powder, darkened the eyebrows,
                and used a very careful hand on blush and lipgloss. a
                *touch* of eyeliner and mascara bring out the eyes.
                Certain phrases in the folktales do jump out at you --
                "brows like a raven's wing" "lips like berries".
                Wasn't there a Slovo article on this topic too?

                --Sfandra

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
                  Absolutely! And may I say that your beauty would grace
                  any street in Novgorod the Great and positively glow
                  in Old Kiev! Vivat!
                  'dok

                  --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

                  > > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary
                  > > laws??????
                  >
                  > LOL! Come come, you must know that the People's
                  > Republic of the East has no sumptuary laws. :-)
                  > (Seriously. We don't. None. Only reserved regalia
                  > is Society-wide regalia. Not even red belts are
                  > reserved by _law_ -- custom is a different matter.)
                  >
                  > >Beautiful work and the colors absolutely
                  > > complement your complexion!
                  > > 'dok
                  >
                  > *BLUSH* Thanks. That Irish skin has to be good for
                  > something.
                  >
                  > FWIW, I did compile a number of references to beauty
                  > from several old folktales, and established a makeup
                  > routine for events that deliberately aim at folktale
                  > standards of beauty. This means I dyed my hair
                  > darker
                  > (alright, I would have probably done that anyway),
                  > used a slightly paler powder, darkened the eyebrows,
                  > and used a very careful hand on blush and lipgloss.
                  > *touch* of eyeliner and mascara bring out the eyes.
                  > Certain phrases in the folktales do jump out at you
                  > --
                  > "brows like a raven's wing" "lips like berries".
                  > Wasn't there a Slovo article on this topic too?
                  >
                  > --Sfandra

                  > protection around
                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Lewis Tanzos
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
                    > WOW!!! Sure you didn't violate any EK sumptuary laws??????

                    East Kingdom has no sumptuary laws beyond those imposed at Corporate.
                    Also, people here tend to not care too much when many of those are
                    violated.

                    - Istvan