RE: [sig] New pic

  • Stephanie Ross
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2 10:27 AM
      Wow, you look truly lovely!! I like it alot. What is the white underneath the over tunic? Got any pics from last year? I love to look at other's garb. Hope you get your scanner working! Where did you find that book, anyway?

      Nadya

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2 10:36 AM
        > I'd *love* to get my hands on some of
        > those hat plates. You mentioned they are from your
        > lamellar armor -
        > where did you find them?
        >
        > --Kseniia

        They were a bulk order from a brassworking company. I
        have no idea what they were supposed to be. But I had
        a bunch (like around 300), and might be able to get
        more. It took 15 to get around the hat, and I'm going
        to work more into a gown soon. If you want some,
        email me privately -- I'd be happy to ship like 2
        dozen to you. They have holes punched in them, in a
        basic 7 hole lamellar pattern (two top, two each side,
        one on the bottom), and there's a subtle floral
        pattern engraved on them. About 3 inches tall, and
        two inches wide, rounded top edge. We used a drill
        press to make the holes, but if you have a solid metal
        punch and good hand strength, you should be fine.
        Plus, you'd be making a lot less, assuming I can get
        the source for you. They are HEAVY. That hat weighs
        2.5 lbs.

        I might use more to make a kika/circlet too. Lord
        knows I have enough....

        FWIW, the armor was a b**ch to fight in. Heavy,
        rhino-hiding, and sawed through every cord I used.
        Had to relace after every fighting day. Finally
        replaced it w/ set of plastic plates from Noble
        Plastics.

        --Sfandra

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2 3:50 PM
          > Wow, you look truly lovely!! I like it alot. What is
          > the white underneath the over tunic? Got any pics
          > from last year? I love to look at other's garb. Hope
          > you get your scanner working! Where did you find
          > that book, anyway?
          >
          > Nadya

          All four fabrics are acetate - white, red,gold-on-red,
          gold-on-green - with identical patterns. I can get
          the outfit from last year up this weekend.

          The book was mentioned here by Cesar last year. I
          spoke to him, and he put me in touch w/ a
          recreationist in Kiev who helped me acquire the book.
          Cesar had posted a number of scans. Unfortunately,
          the book is so big, I'l have to rearrange my office
          this weekend to get the book into the scanner!

          --Sfandra

          http://mail.yahoo.com