Re: New book

  • Jeff Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 1999
      How can we order copies?

      Barcsi Janos

    • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 1999
        I got mine at Hobbyland in Columbus, OH but you can get yours at The
        Last Square in Madison, Wi. They also have Warriors of Eurasia by
        Montrevert Publications. Very, very cool.
        'dak
      • Jeff Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 1999
          Thanks. Can't order at the Osprey website -- they're not set up for that.
          Since I live just outside Dubrave Donja (pop 150 or so) in Eastern Bosnia
          (no hobby stores here), I guess I'll wait 'til I get home.

          Janos

        • timbo@marcon.org

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001
              A new book is to be published this year in St Petersburg about the
              Zolotaryovskoe settlement, which ceased to exist in the 13th century after
              it was destroyed by the Mongols. The book will be in Russian, but a resume
              in English is presented here:
              http://www.tgorod.go.ru/index.shtml?news0002b
              The announcement features this image, which is uncommented -- I assume it's
              one of the items found in Zolotaryovskoe:
              http://www.tgorod.go.ru/news/0002/1.jpg
              (if you read Russian, or feel adventerous and want to use babelfish, start
              here: http://www.tgorod.go.ru/index.shtml?news0002 ).
              Feel free to forward where appropriate.

              -Dmitriy

              P.S. I keep sending messages like this and don't get much feedback -- I am
              not sure if that's because they just don't really invite comments or because
              they are largely ignored.. if you feel that these are off-topic or not
              interesting to the list, feel free to e-mail me privately at
              dvryaboy@... .

              P.P.S. Mordak -- sorry, haven't started that translation yet.
            • Jenn/Yana
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001

                > <snip of useful material>
                > P.S. I keep sending messages like this and don't get much feedback -- I am
                > not sure if that's because they just don't really invite comments or because
                > they are largely ignored.. if you feel that these are off-topic or not
                > interesting to the list, feel free to e-mail me privately at
                > dvryaboy@... .

                No no! Please keep sending them, they are definitely on-topic!
                I think that your info and thoughts are very interesting, I just haven't had
                time to comment much lately. I am sure that others on the List are inspired to
                do their own searches and even take on an early Russian persona because of your
                postings. Please keep it up!

                --Yana