underthings and moldavian garb

  • Jennifer Knox
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      ok
      I finally posted them:

      The folder 10th century finds... has the womens/mens under pants as
      well as a few other cool things like doll clothes, hose, and a sewn up
      veil. the folder moldavian... has the scan of the photo of the
      moldavian grave covering, with a depiction of the princess on it (its
      what i based the big yellow dress on)

      the book has a ton of kaftan, kids shoes, sheaths, toys, tablet
      weaving, pouches, toiletry kits, etc. its definately worth buying. if
      anyone wants any other pics of other items, ill put them up then, but
      id rather not scan the whole book! Im not sure how the copywrite
      protection works...
      anya
    • jennifer knox
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        they are both in the photo section

        anya

        "Speak softly and carry a big stick" -- Teddy Roosevelt

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
          OK, I finally got a new image of me up in my folder
          under Files. It's my latest garb, created for the
          Fashion Show & Contest at the event Market Day At
          Birka in the Barony of Stonemarche (east kingdom) last
          month.

          I was a finalist. Didn't win. Won last year, and I
          think one of the judges remembered me, so in the
          spirit of egalitarianism, the win went to a young
          women in fabulous 12thC french garb. (I agreed - her
          fully fur-lined cotehardie was *stunning*)

          Anyway, the garb was all done in *alas* acetate, but
          was selected for the patterns & colors. All patterns
          matched each other, just different color combinations.
          Hand pearled on garb and hat. Veil is silk. Hat
          plates on the brim were taken from my old lamellar
          armor (and the fighters in the house had much fun w/
          that "Sfandra, my helm's strap broke! Can I borrow
          your hat??")

          The entire outfit was based off images from the
          "Ukrainian Chronicle Of Clothing" by Zinaida Vasina.
          I'll see if I can get my scanner to work, and get the
          images from the book up too.

          --Sfandra Dmitrieva

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Kseniia Smolnianina
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
            Wow! Gorgeous! Congratulations - you look fabulous. It looks like
            you put a ton of work into it. I'd *love* to get my hands on some of
            those hat plates. You mentioned they are from your lamellar armor -
            where did you find them?

            --Kseniia

            On 3/2/06, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
            > OK, I finally got a new image of me up in my folder
            > under Files. It's my latest garb, created for the
            > Fashion Show & Contest at the event Market Day At
            > Birka in the Barony of Stonemarche (east kingdom) last
            > month.
            >
            > I was a finalist. Didn't win. Won last year, and I
            > think one of the judges remembered me, so in the
            > spirit of egalitarianism, the win went to a young
            > women in fabulous 12thC french garb. (I agreed - her
            > fully fur-lined cotehardie was *stunning*)
            >
            > Anyway, the garb was all done in *alas* acetate, but
            > was selected for the patterns & colors. All patterns
            > matched each other, just different color combinations.
            > Hand pearled on garb and hat. Veil is silk. Hat
            > plates on the brim were taken from my old lamellar
            > armor (and the fighters in the house had much fun w/
            > that "Sfandra, my helm's strap broke! Can I borrow
            > your hat??")
            >
            > The entire outfit was based off images from the
            > "Ukrainian Chronicle Of Clothing" by Zinaida Vasina.
            > I'll see if I can get my scanner to work, and get the
            > images from the book up too.
            >
            > --Sfandra Dmitrieva

            **********************************
            Lady Kseniia Smolnianina
            Barony of Three Mountains
            Kingdom of An Tir
            http://kseniia_antir.livejournal.com
            *Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes*
          • Stephanie Ross
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
              Wow, you look truly lovely!! I like it alot. What is the white underneath the over tunic? Got any pics from last year? I love to look at other's garb. Hope you get your scanner working! Where did you find that book, anyway?

              Nadya

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
                > I'd *love* to get my hands on some of
                > those hat plates. You mentioned they are from your
                > lamellar armor -
                > where did you find them?
                >
                > --Kseniia

                They were a bulk order from a brassworking company. I
                have no idea what they were supposed to be. But I had
                a bunch (like around 300), and might be able to get
                more. It took 15 to get around the hat, and I'm going
                to work more into a gown soon. If you want some,
                email me privately -- I'd be happy to ship like 2
                dozen to you. They have holes punched in them, in a
                basic 7 hole lamellar pattern (two top, two each side,
                one on the bottom), and there's a subtle floral
                pattern engraved on them. About 3 inches tall, and
                two inches wide, rounded top edge. We used a drill
                press to make the holes, but if you have a solid metal
                punch and good hand strength, you should be fine.
                Plus, you'd be making a lot less, assuming I can get
                the source for you. They are HEAVY. That hat weighs
                2.5 lbs.

                I might use more to make a kika/circlet too. Lord
                knows I have enough....

                FWIW, the armor was a b**ch to fight in. Heavy,
                rhino-hiding, and sawed through every cord I used.
                Had to relace after every fighting day. Finally
                replaced it w/ set of plastic plates from Noble
                Plastics.

                --Sfandra

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
                  > Wow, you look truly lovely!! I like it alot. What is
                  > the white underneath the over tunic? Got any pics
                  > from last year? I love to look at other's garb. Hope
                  > you get your scanner working! Where did you find
                  > that book, anyway?
                  >
                  > Nadya

                  All four fabrics are acetate - white, red,gold-on-red,
                  gold-on-green - with identical patterns. I can get
                  the outfit from last year up this weekend.

                  The book was mentioned here by Cesar last year. I
                  spoke to him, and he put me in touch w/ a
                  recreationist in Kiev who helped me acquire the book.
                  Cesar had posted a number of scans. Unfortunately,
                  the book is so big, I'l have to rearrange my office
                  this weekend to get the book into the scanner!

                  --Sfandra

                  http://mail.yahoo.com