Re: Kvas revisited

  • Christine Jacobs
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 1, 1999
      > From: "Castalia" <castalia@...>
      > Oh dear. I checked the College of Heralds web page for the names I had
      > considered prior to my choice. Of the ones that had no previous
      > registration, I sat for a few days to choose which one I could actually
      live
      > with, which one I could *be*

      Ah, I see - I'm not registered. I suppose I shouldn't open my big mouth,
      then! : )

      > I've been studying Russian language and culture because it is relevant to
      > some of my work. When I returned to SCA activity after a long leave of
      > absence because I was living in Asia (not Russia but I met lots of
      Russians
      > there) I decided my Viking years had come toan end, and that I would
      develop
      > a proper, settled Rus persona.
      [snip]
      > In my work, I work with men and woman who live in all the main Slavic
      > countries: Poland, Czech, Slovak, Ukraine, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Slovenia,
      > Russia. I also work with people from the Baltic countries and Romania and
      > Hungary. I often see presentations on the history of these countries, so
      > it's slowly coming together in my head.

      Man, I want your job! And I don't even know what you do! Just jealous.

      > I'm really keen on this list, because I'm really interested in sharing
      > resources, whether they be literary or experiential. At the moment, I
      have
      > a person summarizing the main points of the "Book of Veles" to me, which
      is
      > the legendary history of the russians starting in 3000 BC. I cna't take
      it
      > as literally true, but it has some interesting concepts. I could post
      bits
      > here, but I think the average American who doesn't speak Russian would
      have
      > problems understanding the English. Sometimes *I* have trouble
      > understanding exactly what he means!

      Please post, in English or Russian. It sounds so interesting. Where are
      you, anyway? (Mundanely) Please say you're in Michigan! : )

      -- Kseniia Smol'nyanina

      Kseniia Smol'nyanina mka: Christine Jacobs
      of Mountain Freehold chrstnj@...
      <http://www.geocities.com/~chrstnj>
    • MHoll@xxx.xxx
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 5, 1999
        In a message dated 12/4/1999 10:37:56 AM Central Standard Time,
        jeffsmith2000@... writes:

        > [applause!!!] :)

        [Deep curtsey]

        Predslava.