Re: New book

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 1999
      Okay, I give. Where did you get your copy? It isn't even listed on their
      webpage yet, ealthough that isn't much of a surprise...

      --Yana

      >Ospery Books just released a new book, Warriors of Medieval Russia.
      >750-1250. I'll be doing a write up of it for the next issue of SLOVO.
      >Based on previous issues, the 2nd in the series coving 1250-1650
      >should be in the writing stages and the new artwork should be at
      >least roughed out and getting ready for the boards.
      >'dak
    • Jeff Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 1999
        How can we order copies?

        Barcsi Janos

      • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 1999
          I got mine at Hobbyland in Columbus, OH but you can get yours at The
          Last Square in Madison, Wi. They also have Warriors of Eurasia by
          Montrevert Publications. Very, very cool.
          'dak
        • Jeff Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 1999
            Thanks. Can't order at the Osprey website -- they're not set up for that.
            Since I live just outside Dubrave Donja (pop 150 or so) in Eastern Bosnia
            (no hobby stores here), I guess I'll wait 'til I get home.

            Janos

          • timbo@marcon.org

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001
                A new book is to be published this year in St Petersburg about the
                Zolotaryovskoe settlement, which ceased to exist in the 13th century after
                it was destroyed by the Mongols. The book will be in Russian, but a resume
                in English is presented here:
                http://www.tgorod.go.ru/index.shtml?news0002b
                The announcement features this image, which is uncommented -- I assume it's
                one of the items found in Zolotaryovskoe:
                http://www.tgorod.go.ru/news/0002/1.jpg
                (if you read Russian, or feel adventerous and want to use babelfish, start
                here: http://www.tgorod.go.ru/index.shtml?news0002 ).
                Feel free to forward where appropriate.

                -Dmitriy

                P.S. I keep sending messages like this and don't get much feedback -- I am
                not sure if that's because they just don't really invite comments or because
                they are largely ignored.. if you feel that these are off-topic or not
                interesting to the list, feel free to e-mail me privately at
                dvryaboy@... .

                P.P.S. Mordak -- sorry, haven't started that translation yet.
              • Jenn/Yana
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001

                  > <snip of useful material>
                  > P.S. I keep sending messages like this and don't get much feedback -- I am
                  > not sure if that's because they just don't really invite comments or because
                  > they are largely ignored.. if you feel that these are off-topic or not
                  > interesting to the list, feel free to e-mail me privately at
                  > dvryaboy@... .

                  No no! Please keep sending them, they are definitely on-topic!
                  I think that your info and thoughts are very interesting, I just haven't had
                  time to comment much lately. I am sure that others on the List are inspired to
                  do their own searches and even take on an early Russian persona because of your
                  postings. Please keep it up!

                  --Yana