Fwd: Experimental Archaeology Conference

  • janos@j-smith.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27 5:23 AM
      Forwarded from another list -- from our first SCA member in Romania.

      Janos

      To: SCA-Romania@yahoogroups.com
      From: "valdegru" <valdegru@...>
      Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:32 -0000
      Subject: [SCA-Romania] Experimental Archaeology Conference

      In March, there will be an international conference in Hungary on
      Experimental Archaeology and Archaeological Parks. The conference will
      be held at the Archaeological Park of Százhalombatta just outside
      Budapest. The researchers at the conference will present on various
      topics including recent research on reconstructions of aspects of life
      in pre-history as well as open-air presentations (e.g. living history
      museums and archaeological parks). For anyone interested in living
      history, I think that the conference and the archaeological park might
      be very interesting. I'll be there. I'm presenting a paper on stone
      age cooking. I'm very eager to see the park as well.

      If anyone is interested, the website for the conference is:
      http://www.szazhalomconf.com/
      And the archaeological park is:
      http://www.matricamuzeum.hu/

      cheers,