Re: New book

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 1999
      Okay, I give. Where did you get your copy? It isn't even listed on their
      webpage yet, ealthough that isn't much of a surprise...

      --Yana

      >Ospery Books just released a new book, Warriors of Medieval Russia.
      >750-1250. I'll be doing a write up of it for the next issue of SLOVO.
      >Based on previous issues, the 2nd in the series coving 1250-1650
      >should be in the writing stages and the new artwork should be at
      >least roughed out and getting ready for the boards.
      >'dak
    • Jeff Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 1999
        How can we order copies?

        Barcsi Janos

      • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 1999
          From: "Castalia" <castalia@...>
          To: <sig@onelist.com>
          Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:42:42 -0500
          Subject: Re: [sig] Kvas revisited

          From: "Castalia" <castalia@...>

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 1999
            I got mine at Hobbyland in Columbus, OH but you can get yours at The
            Last Square in Madison, Wi. They also have Warriors of Eurasia by
            Montrevert Publications. Very, very cool.
            'dak
          • Jeff Smith
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 1999
              Thanks. Can't order at the Osprey website -- they're not set up for that.
              Since I live just outside Dubrave Donja (pop 150 or so) in Eastern Bosnia
              (no hobby stores here), I guess I'll wait 'til I get home.

              Janos

            • timbo@marcon.org

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001
                  A new book is to be published this year in St Petersburg about the
                  Zolotaryovskoe settlement, which ceased to exist in the 13th century after
                  it was destroyed by the Mongols. The book will be in Russian, but a resume
                  in English is presented here:
                  http://www.tgorod.go.ru/index.shtml?news0002b
                  The announcement features this image, which is uncommented -- I assume it's
                  one of the items found in Zolotaryovskoe:
                  http://www.tgorod.go.ru/news/0002/1.jpg
                  (if you read Russian, or feel adventerous and want to use babelfish, start
                  here: http://www.tgorod.go.ru/index.shtml?news0002 ).
                  Feel free to forward where appropriate.

                  -Dmitriy

                  P.S. I keep sending messages like this and don't get much feedback -- I am
                  not sure if that's because they just don't really invite comments or because
                  they are largely ignored.. if you feel that these are off-topic or not
                  interesting to the list, feel free to e-mail me privately at
                  dvryaboy@... .

                  P.P.S. Mordak -- sorry, haven't started that translation yet.
                • Jenn/Yana
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001

                    > <snip of useful material>
                    > P.S. I keep sending messages like this and don't get much feedback -- I am
                    > not sure if that's because they just don't really invite comments or because
                    > they are largely ignored.. if you feel that these are off-topic or not
                    > interesting to the list, feel free to e-mail me privately at
                    > dvryaboy@... .

                    No no! Please keep sending them, they are definitely on-topic!
                    I think that your info and thoughts are very interesting, I just haven't had
                    time to comment much lately. I am sure that others on the List are inspired to
                    do their own searches and even take on an early Russian persona because of your
                    postings. Please keep it up!

                    --Yana