Re: RE : Re: [sig] A quick question of transliteration from cyrllic

  • gotart04
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
      Hi. i ma Chris, I am new to this group. i can tell you that I am pretty sure that you are indeed NOT translating Cyrillic.
      That is Russian you are doing I believe. I know that the first letter which you have boxed off is a lower case "b", which is used in Russian, also I recognize the 'l" which looks like a lowercase "r" in cursive...
      I have been working on trasnlating some Russian Znaki meanings so this caught my eye. I am by no means an expert but perhaps I have been of some help.
      Thanks,
      Chris gotart04
    • Charles Richter
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
        This is actually much more simple than it originally seemed. You're
        just dealing with italics, not ancient orthography. The highlighted
        letters, from left to right, are the italic forms of 'v' 'g' 'short i'
        and 'd'.

        Hope that helps.

        --Charles Richter