RE: recipe/food question

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2006
      Thank you very much Nadya! This is just what I needed!

      Bardzo dziekuje !

      Maria P

      From: "Stephanie Ross" <hlaislinn@...>
      Subject: FW: Re: Recipe/food question

      The Domostroi mentions "pickled suckling pig" on page 195 (but no
      recipe). On page 175, it mentions foods are pickled in brine. To corn
      meat, it gets pickled first then hung up in the air to age. On page 203,
      it lists pork (and pickled hare). Here is an English recipe webbed at
      Stefan's Florilegium, redacted by Mistress Minowara Kiritsubo of
      Atlantia; To Sowce a Pigge (known as Pickled Pork or Brawn)..from Dining
      with William
      Shakespeare.
      The original is from Dawson's "the Good Huswifes Jewel":

      2/16/2006