Re: [sig] A quick question of transliteration from cyrllic

  • aldo
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006
      Dear Paul, I have gone to ur very interesting website with the list of
      Russian names. It is a great work! First of all I wish I could get some
      information from u how to reach some of the texts that u mention in the
      Bibliography, but this is a secondary topic. I found at the entry OLGA and
      OL'GA a strange information. U say that Olga was the sister of Dobrynija and
      therefore the mother of Saint Vladimir but in the Chronicles the mentioned
      mother of St. Vladimir is Malusha probably the daughter of Mal, lord of the
      Drevljanes, whom was defeated in 945 by OLGA the wife of Igor as revenging
      of the death of her husband. This Malusha was abducted by Olga to Kiev as a
      hostage to hold the Drevljanes under subjection together with her brother
      Dobrynija. Malusha was very young and Svjatoslav, Olga's son, had an
      adulterine relaionship with her from which Vladimir was born. Therefore it
      is not true that Olga was Vladimir's mother!! She was his grandmother!
      Ciao

      Aldo