Re: [sig] Re: Recipe/food question

  • Cynthia S Potts
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2006
      I think wet pickled meat has to be consumed by
      spring, but dry salted meat can last for years.

      If the meat has some sort of skin or casing, you can keep it longer than
      a year in a tightly closed jar or crock. We've done this at home, have
      noticed some change in the texture, but it tasted ok and none of us died,
      so I guess they were good;) The longer it stood, the stronger the
      pickled taste, and I imagine that there would be a point where it would
      be too-too, if you know what I mean.

      Have no idea at all though if sausages would have been pickled in period.

      YIS Yana of Coldwood