Re: [sig] Pennsic SIG meeting

  • goldschp@tds.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2006
      Mordak and others:

      Indeed! We have a volunteer to coordinate the event, but I'm sure she's looking for help. Unfortunately, I've forgotten her name (she's on the list so I am quite embarassed) and I'm in Honolulu this week for work (I know, your violins are playing sad tunes for me) so I can't consult my records.

      -- Paul

      > Greetings All from 'dok!
      > Has anyone volunteered to play host this year?
      > Pan Zygmunt and I were talking about that the other
      > day, as are my Lady Xanetia and I right now...any
      > volunteers?
    • Abe Wendaam
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2006
        Zigmunt,

        I too would like a copy of your notes. Maybe you should just attach them to a messge and anyone that wants them can get to them. Does this list allow attachments?

        Have fun at the various and assorted wars. I have just moved to Western Seas and will not be able to make any wars this year. Sigh, alas and alack...

        AberHardt Wendlander

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 7, 2006
          My Lady, Xanetia, and myself will volunteer to help
          this Lady! If she'll contact me offlist I'll be happy
          to help in any way she deems fit!
          'dok

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • purplkat@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 7, 2006
            Exactly what does it mean to 'Host' a meeting?

            provide the space (in someone's camp)? reserve the tent space? play 'autocrat' - (run everything?).....

            Katheryne

          • MoxFool@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 7, 2006
              In a message dated 2/7/2006 8:15:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              abestripe@... writes:

              Zigmunt,

              I too would like a copy of your notes. Maybe you should just attach them to
              a messge and anyone that wants them can get to them. Does this list allow
              attachments?

              Have fun at the various and assorted wars. I have just moved to Western
              Seas and will not be able to make any wars this year. Sigh, alas and alack...

              AberHardt Wendlander

              I'd like to, but I think it will be too big to download quickly. So I am
              probably going to mail it out.

              Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
              Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
              Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
              My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
              Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 8, 2006
                Katheryne,
                Actually, you have to be a shameless promotor of
                the party and pump it hard, which is fun for a ham
                like me!!!! Mostly you have to stress the fun factor
                and you'll get a huge turnout.
                It involves reserving an A&S tent at Pennsic
                (online), writing PR articles (a paragraph) for the
                spring and summer issues of SLOVO, and posting several
                times a week on this listserver starting in late June
                to recruit, incourage and beg folks to bring books,
                food, potables, themselves and SOs' to the Pennsic
                meeting.
                I said upfront that mine would be a brief meeting
                (?) with a whole lot of socializing afterwards, WHICH
                WAS A BLAST! Everyone brought things and hatted and
                had a great (?) time.....speaking of which, BOGDAN, I
                STILL HAVE YOUR WALKING STICK AND WILL BRING IT THIS
                YEAR.

                --- purplkat@... wrote:

                > Exactly what does it mean to 'Host' a meeting?
                >
                > provide the space (in someone's camp)? reserve the
                > tent space? play 'autocrat' - (run everything?).....
                >
                > Katheryne

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Paul W Goldschmidt
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 11, 2006
                  Now that I'm back in Wisconsin.. our host for this year's SIG gathering is
                  Marija (mamalynx@...). Contact her if you'd like to help out.

                  Thanks,
                  Paul