history of the kistka

  • susannah53
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      As I know some of you write pysanky and have investigated traditional historic techniques,
      I wonder if I might "pick your brains"! I'm working on an article about the "evolution of the
      kistka" for the next issue of my pysanky newsletter. Friends have filled me in pretty well
      on modern developments, especially the delrin (plastic) handled and electric kistky. What
      I'm especially hoping to find is more info on the traditional copper funnel kistka and its
      precursors. I don't know if anyone has researched and written about this or not, especially
      in English (or French or German in a pinch).

      Susannah