Re: [sig] Book on Sale

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2006
      Interestingly enough, a book I have in Ukrainian
      called "The History of Ukrainian Costume, Vol 1"
      references the plates used in the below book.

      Also, the Medieval Russian Ornament does include at
      least century dates, and specifies if the example is
      from Russian artists, or was a Byzantine import of the
      period. Which is also useful.

      --Sfandra

      --- "Kimberly A. Wajer-Scott"
      <kwajerscott@...> wrote:

      > Not a high-end research text, but it looked vaguely
      > interesting, and thought I'd
      > pass it on.
      >
      > Medieval Russian Ornament in Full Color: From
      > Illuminated Manuscripts
      > http://store.doverpublications.com/0486282589.html

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2006
        Some of the manuscripts reproduced in this Dover book can be found in digital form on-line, and seem to have been faithfully copied (within the limits of printing technology).

        http://kodeks.uni-bamberg.de/Russia/Texts/SolovVostFacs.htm
        http://character.webzone.ru/ - in Russian, but the manuscript dates are clear enough.

        By the way, the "Russian" gospel of Tsar Ivan Alexander that is included on the "Medieval Russia - Calligraphy" Page of the Russian knowledge pages is actually Bulgarian.

        http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/themes/euromanuscripts/bulggosp.html

        In service,
        Sofya la Rus