Re: [sig] Possible gathering

  • theresa kohler
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 11, 2006
      [CLip your posts. Moderator]

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski ,

      I'm definitely interested if you do a sig gathering. My husband and I
      attended the Siege of Talonval last year and had a good time, so we'll
      likely attend this year as well.

      I've been playing SCA on and off for 16 years, and always intended to
      develop a Polish persona, but got sidetracked with middle eastern dance and
      studies. I joined this list a few months ago with the idea that now is the
      time to refocus on the Polish studies. I'd really enjoy meeting others with
      similar interests, especially nearby. Do you live in the Jackson area?

      Khalima/Elzbieta mka Theresa Kohler

      [CLip your posts. Moderator]
    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
        Whoops....to explain. No, to sum!

        The Siege of Talonval is held the 2nd weekend of July in the Shire of Talonval, Pentamere region of the Midrealm. Last years' website is still up, and the new one is almost ready to launch. You can see it and photos from past Siege's at www.midrealm.org/talonvale/siege.html .

        Khalima - I do indeed live in the Jackson area! Please email me off-list and we can talk more. Right now I have two people who will teach something - Myself, and Lord Istvan Valkai, teaching on Magyar/Hungarians.

        PS -Khalima, didn't I give you a present at Wassail? If not, sorry for the mistaken identity ;)

        Zygmunt

        I'm definitely interested if you do a sig gathering. My husband and I
        attended the Siege of Talonval last year and had a good time, so we'll
        likely attend this year as well.

        I've been playing SCA on and off for 16 years, and always intended to
        develop a Polish persona, but got sidetracked with middle eastern dance and
        studies. I joined this list a few months ago with the idea that now is the
        time to refocus on the Polish studies. I'd really enjoy meeting others with
        similar interests, especially nearby. Do you live in the Jackson area?

        Khalima/Elzbieta mka Theresa Kohler

        [CLip your posts. Moderator]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • vjudson
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
            Hello,
            I have been looking for some webpage on medieval cast
            accessories recosntruction,not shops but espiecially how-to-s
            I have been sculpting for a year or so and I would like to get in touch
            with European and American sculptors who practise making such items using
            bee wax to share my experience.

            thanks,

            Wojciech
            Poland
          • MoxFool@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 14, 2006
              In a message dated 1/14/2006 4:59:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 14, 2006
                Thank you. I've never been to Michigan.

                Iwona
              • aldo
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 15, 2006
                  What about somebody like myself coming from Europe? Give me some indications
                  in order to plan a trip. Thanks.

                  Aldo Djegovic' from Milan
                • Ron Jachim
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 15, 2006
                    July 9-11 is Sunday through Tuesday -- is it really on the weekend? I
                    might be interested if it is on the weekend. I'll bring bigos. :-)

                    --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, MoxFool@a... wrote:

                    > I'd like to let the members of this list know that I am willing to
                    host a SIG gathering at the upcoming Siege of Talonval event on July
                    9-11 this year.
                  • MoxFool@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 16, 2006
                      In a message dated 1/15/2006 2:18:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      turanomar@... writes:

                      What about somebody like myself coming from Europe? Give me some indications
                      in order to plan a trip. Thanks.

                      Aldo Djegovic' from Milan>>

                      Were my earlier emails sufficient to help?

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 17, 2006
                        In a message dated 1/17/2006 7:16:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        Ron_Jachim@... writes:

                        July 9-11 is Sunday through Tuesday -- is it really on the weekend? I
                        might be interested if it is on the weekend. I'll bring bigos. :-)>>

                        That's what I get for putting the dates in an email from work. It's July
                        7-9. Still up for Bigos? :D

                        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
                        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
                        Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
                        My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
                        Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

                      • mykanderson
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 17, 2006
                          Being only a short drive to this site, it would be hard for me to pass
                          this up. So you can count me in if you decide to get together.

                          Timoshka
                        • MoxFool@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 19, 2006
                            In a message dated 1/18/2006 8:40:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                            mykanderson@... writes:

                            Being only a short drive to this site, it would be hard for me to pass
                            this up. So you can count me in if you decide to get together.

                            Timoshka>>

                            Well then, we definately will! As I said, I'll be teaching an overview of
                            Poland as well as Polish garb. Istvan Valkai will be teaching something as well.

                            Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
                            Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
                            Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
                            My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
                            Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

                          • Rick Orli
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 26, 2006
                              At the 4-winds ren fair in tyler tx, weekend of April 8-9. 17th C.
                              cossack rebellion will be brutally suppressed by noble winged hussars
                              and Col. Walter Butler's dragoons.
                              -Rick