Re: [sig] Possible gathering

  • theresa kohler
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 11, 2006
      [CLip your posts. Moderator]

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski ,

      I'm definitely interested if you do a sig gathering. My husband and I
      attended the Siege of Talonval last year and had a good time, so we'll
      likely attend this year as well.

      I've been playing SCA on and off for 16 years, and always intended to
      develop a Polish persona, but got sidetracked with middle eastern dance and
      studies. I joined this list a few months ago with the idea that now is the
      time to refocus on the Polish studies. I'd really enjoy meeting others with
      similar interests, especially nearby. Do you live in the Jackson area?

      Khalima/Elzbieta mka Theresa Kohler

      [CLip your posts. Moderator]
    • purplkat@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 12, 2006
        uummm,,,,, which Kingdom and what local group???

        I live in East Kingdom, Barony of Settmour Swamp......

        Katheryne

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
          Whoops....to explain. No, to sum!

          The Siege of Talonval is held the 2nd weekend of July in the Shire of Talonval, Pentamere region of the Midrealm. Last years' website is still up, and the new one is almost ready to launch. You can see it and photos from past Siege's at www.midrealm.org/talonvale/siege.html .

          Khalima - I do indeed live in the Jackson area! Please email me off-list and we can talk more. Right now I have two people who will teach something - Myself, and Lord Istvan Valkai, teaching on Magyar/Hungarians.

          PS -Khalima, didn't I give you a present at Wassail? If not, sorry for the mistaken identity ;)

          Zygmunt

          I'm definitely interested if you do a sig gathering. My husband and I
          attended the Siege of Talonval last year and had a good time, so we'll
          likely attend this year as well.

          I've been playing SCA on and off for 16 years, and always intended to
          develop a Polish persona, but got sidetracked with middle eastern dance and
          studies. I joined this list a few months ago with the idea that now is the
          time to refocus on the Polish studies. I'd really enjoy meeting others with
          similar interests, especially nearby. Do you live in the Jackson area?

          Khalima/Elzbieta mka Theresa Kohler

          [CLip your posts. Moderator]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • vjudson
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
              Hello,
              I have been looking for some webpage on medieval cast
              accessories recosntruction,not shops but espiecially how-to-s
              I have been sculpting for a year or so and I would like to get in touch
              with European and American sculptors who practise making such items using
              bee wax to share my experience.

              thanks,

              Wojciech
              Poland
            • MoxFool@aol.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 14, 2006
                In a message dated 1/14/2006 4:59:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 14, 2006
                  Thank you. I've never been to Michigan.

                  Iwona
                • aldo
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 15, 2006
                    What about somebody like myself coming from Europe? Give me some indications
                    in order to plan a trip. Thanks.

                    Aldo Djegovic' from Milan
                  • Ron Jachim
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 15, 2006
                      July 9-11 is Sunday through Tuesday -- is it really on the weekend? I
                      might be interested if it is on the weekend. I'll bring bigos. :-)

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 16, 2006
                        In a message dated 1/15/2006 2:18:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        turanomar@... writes:

                        What about somebody like myself coming from Europe? Give me some indications
                        in order to plan a trip. Thanks.

                        Aldo Djegovic' from Milan>>

                        Were my earlier emails sufficient to help?

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 17, 2006
                          In a message dated 1/17/2006 7:16:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                          Ron_Jachim@... writes:

                          July 9-11 is Sunday through Tuesday -- is it really on the weekend? I
                          might be interested if it is on the weekend. I'll bring bigos. :-)>>

                          That's what I get for putting the dates in an email from work. It's July
                          7-9. Still up for Bigos? :D

                          Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
                          Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
                          Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
                          My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
                          Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

                        • mykanderson
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 17, 2006
                            Being only a short drive to this site, it would be hard for me to pass
                            this up. So you can count me in if you decide to get together.

                            Timoshka
                          • MoxFool@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 19, 2006
                              In a message dated 1/18/2006 8:40:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                              mykanderson@... writes:

                              Being only a short drive to this site, it would be hard for me to pass
                              this up. So you can count me in if you decide to get together.

                              Timoshka>>

                              Well then, we definately will! As I said, I'll be teaching an overview of
                              Poland as well as Polish garb. Istvan Valkai will be teaching something as well.

                              Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
                              Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
                              Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
                              My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
                              Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

                            • Rick Orli
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 26, 2006
                                At the 4-winds ren fair in tyler tx, weekend of April 8-9. 17th C.
                                cossack rebellion will be brutally suppressed by noble winged hussars
                                and Col. Walter Butler's dragoons.
                                -Rick