Re: [sig] Possible gathering

  • Kseniia Smolnianina
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 10, 2006
      Bummer. That's a loooong haul from Oregon. :)

      --Kseniia

      --
      **********************************
      Lady Kseniia Smolnianina
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 11, 2006
        In a message dated 1/10/2006 4:01:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        kseniia@... writes:

        Bummer. That's a loooong haul from Oregon. :)

        --Kseniia>>

        It's not so bad if you get an early start. :)

        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
        Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
        My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
        What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

      • theresa kohler
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 11, 2006
          [CLip your posts. Moderator]

          Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski ,

          I'm definitely interested if you do a sig gathering. My husband and I
          attended the Siege of Talonval last year and had a good time, so we'll
          likely attend this year as well.

          I've been playing SCA on and off for 16 years, and always intended to
          develop a Polish persona, but got sidetracked with middle eastern dance and
          studies. I joined this list a few months ago with the idea that now is the
          time to refocus on the Polish studies. I'd really enjoy meeting others with
          similar interests, especially nearby. Do you live in the Jackson area?

          Khalima/Elzbieta mka Theresa Kohler

          [CLip your posts. Moderator]
        • purplkat@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 12, 2006
            uummm,,,,, which Kingdom and what local group???

            I live in East Kingdom, Barony of Settmour Swamp......

            Katheryne

          • MoxFool@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
              Whoops....to explain. No, to sum!

              The Siege of Talonval is held the 2nd weekend of July in the Shire of Talonval, Pentamere region of the Midrealm. Last years' website is still up, and the new one is almost ready to launch. You can see it and photos from past Siege's at www.midrealm.org/talonvale/siege.html .

              Khalima - I do indeed live in the Jackson area! Please email me off-list and we can talk more. Right now I have two people who will teach something - Myself, and Lord Istvan Valkai, teaching on Magyar/Hungarians.

              PS -Khalima, didn't I give you a present at Wassail? If not, sorry for the mistaken identity ;)

              Zygmunt

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
                  Hello,
                  I have been looking for some webpage on medieval cast
                  accessories recosntruction,not shops but espiecially how-to-s
                  I have been sculpting for a year or so and I would like to get in touch
                  with European and American sculptors who practise making such items using
                  bee wax to share my experience.

                  thanks,

                  Wojciech
                  Poland
                • MoxFool@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 14, 2006
                    In a message dated 1/14/2006 4:59:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                    I would consider attending events if I knew where they were so I could plan
                    a trip.

                    Vaughn (female)>>

                    Well, we have plenty of space up here in Michigan, and depending on where
                    you're at, it might not be more than an 8 hr drive!

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 14, 2006
                      Thank you. I've never been to Michigan.

                      Iwona
                    • aldo
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 15, 2006
                        What about somebody like myself coming from Europe? Give me some indications
                        in order to plan a trip. Thanks.

                        Aldo Djegovic' from Milan
                      • Ron Jachim
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 15, 2006
                          July 9-11 is Sunday through Tuesday -- is it really on the weekend? I
                          might be interested if it is on the weekend. I'll bring bigos. :-)

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 16, 2006
                            In a message dated 1/15/2006 2:18:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                            turanomar@... writes:

                            What about somebody like myself coming from Europe? Give me some indications
                            in order to plan a trip. Thanks.

                            Aldo Djegovic' from Milan>>

                            Were my earlier emails sufficient to help?

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 17, 2006
                              In a message dated 1/17/2006 7:16:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                              Ron_Jachim@... writes:

                              July 9-11 is Sunday through Tuesday -- is it really on the weekend? I
                              might be interested if it is on the weekend. I'll bring bigos. :-)>>

                              That's what I get for putting the dates in an email from work. It's July
                              7-9. Still up for Bigos? :D

                              Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
                              Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
                              Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
                              My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
                              Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

                            • mykanderson
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 17, 2006
                                Being only a short drive to this site, it would be hard for me to pass
                                this up. So you can count me in if you decide to get together.

                                Timoshka
                              • MoxFool@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 19, 2006
                                  In a message dated 1/18/2006 8:40:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                  mykanderson@... writes:

                                  Being only a short drive to this site, it would be hard for me to pass
                                  this up. So you can count me in if you decide to get together.

                                  Timoshka>>

                                  Well then, we definately will! As I said, I'll be teaching an overview of
                                  Poland as well as Polish garb. Istvan Valkai will be teaching something as well.

                                  Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
                                  Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
                                  Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
                                  My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
                                  Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

                                • Rick Orli
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 26, 2006
                                    At the 4-winds ren fair in tyler tx, weekend of April 8-9. 17th C.
                                    cossack rebellion will be brutally suppressed by noble winged hussars
                                    and Col. Walter Butler's dragoons.
                                    -Rick