Re: SCA Alternate Titles (getting long)

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 10, 2005
      So, the SCA does need to have these differing alternate titles, not
      just the simplified titles.

      Let's see if I've got it right this time:
      The rulers of a principality are rulers in that they aren't going to
      ascend to the throne and become king. Therefore they would take the
      princely title of
      Prinz/Prints/Princas/Princis
      (German/Estonian/Lithuanian/Latvian)

      However, a person who is in a kingdom and is first in line to become
      the next king has the princely title of
      Fürst/Vürst/Kunigaikštis/Firsts

      Once you have been a prince (I would assume of a principality), you
      take on the title of viscount, and once you have been a king you then
      become a count. If you are a count and become king again, once you
      have reigned you are a duke.

      So, if there were to be Lithuanian titles used, your two types of
      prince would be Princas and Kunigaikštis, and a duke would be known as
      Hercogas? (Not Kunigaikštis, because firstly that title is taken up
      by princes and secondly because for at least SCA purposes there is
      only one type of duke?)

      I'm trying to figure this out using the one paragraph under 'rank in
      the SCA' here: http://www.sca.org/sca-intro.html

      Hopefully I'm not too confused,
      Asfridhr
      http://www.499angels.net/baltic/

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Bryant <anthony_bryant@c...> wrote:
      <<snip>>

      > The rulers of the principalities of the Mists, Cinagua,
      > Avocal, Oertha, etc, are all princes.
      >
      > Effingham
      <<snip>>
    • janos@j-smith.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2005
        Hi there,

        You're only a little confused ;)

        Fuerst etc represents the ruler of a principality, and Prinz etc represents the heir to the throne.

        Can't help with the Lithuanian, not my language.

        Janos

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2005
          [Clip your posts. Moderator]

          Hey Man,
          You are so funny. I like how you try to talk and i think you are very ammusing. We should talk more often...
          mua
          Chantal Tatiana

          [Clip your posts. Moderator]