Polish spinning shorls and loom weights

  • Magdalena Gdanska
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2005
      Greetings all. Sometime ago some posted a link to an archological site
      in Southern Poland/Ukraine. I check in from time to time because things
      change. Recently I came across spindle whorls and loom weights. I did a
      drawing from the archeological site giving the dimensions of the
      spindle whorl. These whorls would resemble the whorl on the Russian
      spindle in the photo section. You can find my photos in my photo folder
      labeled Magdalena. Yes, there are two folders named Magdalena. For me,
      my folder comes up as the first one in alphabetical order.

      If anyone has any information on Polish spinning or weaving I love to
      see it. If anyone could help with the dimensions of the loom weights
      that would also be greatly appreciated. There was also information on
      the archeological site on linen fabric processing and extant flax in
      the first stage of the process.

      Magdalena