Iconograhpy research help

  • Rachel Sampsel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2005
      You could try some online sites I ran accross a year ago:

      http://www.hri.org/MPA/other/Agio_Oros/

      http://www.culture.gr/2/21/218/e21814.html

      http://www.culture.gr/2/21/218/e21800.html

      While these are dealing primarily with the Mount Athos collection, Athos
      was still a kind of "religious stronghold" for the Russian Orthodox faith
      and did influence it rather heavily. Most of the pieces are Greek
      Orthodox with a few Russian bits here and there. At the bottom of each
      individual piece's page is a kind of bibliography listing author and page
      numbers that the work was cited in. Having looked for some of those books
      I can tell you that some of them are WAY beyond the average person's price
      range. Others are more affordable, but most are out of print.

      Raisa Zaplatskaya