Iconography Research Help Request

  • Jeremy J. Slick
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2005
      Greetings Unto One and All!

      A member of one of the SCA Households I am part of put out this request:

      "I need help finding print sources on Russian Iconography in the
      14-16th centuries, and I also need help finding sources on the hiring
      of scribes in period, most likely late period again. What hired for,
      why? retainer? per piece? like any other artist? etc..."

      She is particularly looking for Muscovite iconography.

      Unfortunately, I don't have any sources on hand to assist. Anyone with
      any suggestions?

      Until the next time,
      Mishka Lamanov