Re: [sig] Polish Letnik

  • MoxFool@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2005
      In a message dated 11/14/2005 5:13:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      nunother56@... writes:

      Greetings all. I'm researching 15th century Poland and came across a
      reference in Turnau's Central European costume book about a Polish
      letnik. She includes no illustrations and her description can be just
      about anything. It is different from the Russian letnik in that it is a
      gown with no opening that is pulled on over the head. It is slightly
      more form fitting (than the Russian) but the sleeves can be long, short
      or sleevless, the hem ankle length or knee and the neckline round or
      square.

      I was wondering if any of my Russian cousins have come across an
      illustatration (of a Polish letnik) in their research.

      Magdalena Gdanska>>

      I believe I have one...let me look and ping me if I haven't replied in a
      couple days.

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
      Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
      Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
      My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
      "Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" ~Mae West~