Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: RE : [sig] Voshvy (was: "Letnik"?)

  • Uma Palata
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14 2:11 PM
      Greetings all,

      I think finding pictures of kamka might not be all that hard. It was a very common ground for embroidery in our time period, and any of the books on Russian embroidery that are available here in the States (even my not-so-big library gets them easily) has tons of color pictures. Many times there is enough uncovered fabric left in the embroidery to get an idea of what the material looked like.

      As for Voshvy, I seem to remember a picture of a post-period ecclesiastical garment, which was decorated with voshvy taken from a much earlier (in-period) letnik. Couched gold and silver, pearls, whole deal. Very pretty, even though whomever was transplanting the embroidery butchered it mercilessly to fit the new garment. I can probably come up with the name of the book, if anybody is interested, but I'd have to dig - memory is not serving right now...

      Hope this helps,

      Zabava