Letnik article, Pleeeeeeaaaassseee???????

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2005
      Ladies,
      This really is the next level, just outstanding!
      I've been getting one heck of an education reading
      your posts between you all! I was wondering, would the
      right amount of flattery and introductory begging work
      on you all to do a joint article, albeit an
      inter-kingdom work?
      I'm thinking that a lot of folks would definitely
      benefit from your knowledge in SLOVO?????
      'dak
      "Opulence is not extravagence"

      __________________________________
      http://farechase.yahoo.com
    • Rick Orli
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2006
        Anyone take you up on this? I have been struggling with the skimpy
        evidence I have at hand. I have this sense that the letnik was
        typically closed-front in Poland&Ukraine in the 15th-17th C. and
        open with Voshvami and looser-shaped in Muscovi, and that peasant
        dress in Poland and ukraine was more likely to use Voshvami. But
        this is just my speculation based on a random sample of pictures I
        have seen. Anecdotal.

        Also, there seems to be some thing about Voshvami, or lack of it,
        that sets Commonwealth men's dress apart from some Muscovite men's
        dress, but I don't know by how much or in what quality, or what
        periods.

        If anyone has the answer, please share; if not this would be a
        useful conversation to continue. (the information was great!)
        -Rick

        :--- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

        > Ladies,
        > This really is the next level, just outstanding!
        > I've been getting one heck of an education reading
        > your posts between you all! I was wondering, would the
        > right amount of flattery and introductory begging work
        > on you all to do a joint article, albeit an
        > inter-kingdom work?
        > I'm thinking that a lot of folks would definitely
        > benefit from your knowledge in SLOVO?????
        > 'dak
        > "Opulence is not extravagence"
      • magdalenag56
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2006
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@...> wrote:

          > Anyone take you up on this?

          I did my own article and put it on my website at:

          matkamagdalena.tripod.com/

          Click on letnik page, if you want pictures click on LETNIK PICTURES.
          This is my first effort at writing and setting up a website so it
          needs polishing. Feel free to send me suggestions. I also have not
          had time to add the sewing instructions but I have the hard copy
          ready to go when life gives me a break.

          There is also an excellent article in the Spring 2006 Slovo by Pan
          Zygmunt on dress of both Polish men and women. The women's section
          has good information on Polish letniks also.

          Magdalena Gdanska
        • Rick Orli
          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2006
            Yes I saw your excellent article, but I want more!
            -Rick

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "magdalenag56" <magdalenag56@...> wrote:

            > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anyone take you up on this?
            >
            > I did my own article and put it on my website at:
            >
            > matkamagdalena.tripod.com/
            >
            > Click on letnik page, if you want pictures click on LETNIK
            PICTURES.
            > This is my first effort at writing and setting up a website so it
            > needs polishing. Feel free to send me suggestions. I also have not
            > had time to add the sewing instructions but I have the hard copy
            > ready to go when life gives me a break.
            >
            > There is also an excellent article in the Spring 2006 Slovo by Pan
            > Zygmunt on dress of both Polish men and women. The women's section
            > has good information on Polish letniks also.
            >
            > Magdalena Gdanska

          • Lente
            Message 5 of 6 , May 24, 2006
              I like the picture of you. Can't wait to see the sewing instructions. Really
              not nit picking but the renaissance tailor's website is spelled wrong,
              should be http://www.vertetsable.com/research_polish.htm
              just thought you would want to know.

              Kathws

              Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:41 AM