Re: RE : [sig] "Letnik"?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2005
      Thanks. So, after "my time". ;-) (What? You mean,
      it isn't 1030ad for you too? :D )

      Open in the front like a coat?

      and "voshvy"? -maybe Colored beads? Maybe glass, as
      one would guess they'd call a semi-precious stone by
      it's actual name, as opposed to the color.

      --- "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

      > From my article on Kievan Russian Clothing:
      <SNIP>

      ******************
      Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
      Kingdom of the East
      "Earth: The most dangerous place known to Man. Billions of humans have died there." --TarynEve, "Desert Isle" (ENTff)

      http://farechase.yahoo.com
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2005
        The letnik is a summer garment, at least the Russian version.  A fur-lined garment, the kortel, was for winter.

        I always figured it was called a letnik because of the lovely wing-like sleeves.  :)

        Sofya la Rus