Re: [sig] MODERATOR clip ur posts

  • Tom Cerul
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
      Clipping you post refers to deleting all the text which in not
      necessary to your reply. A couple lines to remind people what you're
      talking about is great. Including the entire conversion in every
      email gets painful. If you've ever gotten a forwarded joke, you may
      have noticed how irritating it was to scroll through 3 pages of
      addresses and "read this" lines before getting to the 2 line joke.
      So, being good net citizens, we try to save each other some pain and
      we don't pass on cruft when we reply.

      Cheers,
      Tomislaus

      On 11/9/05, aldo <turanomar@...> wrote:
      > Do you mean that I should put before each line the > or what?
      > Thanks for your patienceùAldo
    • Jeanne
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
        in addition every time you send through yahoo groups it has their spiel
        attached to the bottom which adds to the length of the emails. The one
        attached to the reply was 4 inches of space!

        VÖRÖSHAJÚ SOFFYA
        HYPERLINK
        "http://community.webshots.com/user/atasetofcreole"http://community.webshots
        .com/user/atasetofcreole

        Clipping you post refers to deleting all the text which in not
        necessary to your reply. A couple lines to remind people what you're
        talking about is great. Including the entire conversion in every
        email gets painful. If you've ever gotten a forwarded joke, you may
        have noticed how irritating it was to scroll through 3 pages of
        addresses and "read this" lines before getting to the 2 line joke.
        So, being good net citizens, we try to save each other some pain and
        we don't pass on cruft when we reply.

        Cheers,
        Tomislaus

        On 11/9/05, aldo <turanomar@...> wrote:
        > Do you mean that I should put before each line the > or what?
        > Thanks for your patienceùAldo

      • aldo
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2005
          I would like to revert to POLOVTSY. Actually I don't agree to build up an
          ethymon from POLJE as the Polovtsy had non cultivated fields as intended by
          the Russians in the XI-XIII cent. so why should the Russian call them by
          such a name?
          On the other hand I agree fully with Red-haired Sofia.
          Ciao