Re: [sig] RE:fustian as velvet/velveteen in period WAS appropriate fabric for a letnik

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
      --- Linda <fabrix@...> wrote:

      > Well now, as to cotton pile fabric (or cotton
      > velvet) used for a letnik.......
      <SNIP>
      > Thus ends the long-winded lesson on 'cotton/linen
      > velvet...fustian'
      >
      > Maria Pienkneplotno..... Polish fabric merchant :-D

      Maria --
      Thank you for the lesson! I'm always interested in
      lessons on period fabrics, it's nice to see it here in
      context.

      Do you merchant, or is that your persona? If you
      merchant, do you have a website or event schedule?
      I'm on a personal quest to only patronize those
      merchants who have done research on their goods and
      make an effort to provide period or almost-period
      goods.

      Thanks!
      Sfandra Dmitreva
      (and now I won't hesitate any longer about buying
      cotton velveteen! :D )

      Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
      Kingdom of the East
      "Earth: The most dangerous place known to Man. Billions of humans have died there." --TarynEve, "Desert Isle" (ENTff)

      http://mail.yahoo.com