looking for Ukrainian music CDs

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2005
      Does anyone know how I might get hold of Ukrainian folk music CD's? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

      Isabelle de Foix
      Shire Brantestone
      Kingdom of Meridies

    • shayrebel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2005
        try a ukrainian gift shop,look up ukrainian churches in your area,they will
        be able to direct you to the nearest one,here in the kingdom of lochac all the
        major cities have ukrainian communities and most of the life is built around
        the church,they actually have people who import gifts,cd's etc for sale to the
        ukrainians
        best of luck
        Michael of Galicia(mog)
        maker of fyne thynges and jynke

      • John Kowal
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2005
          Greetings;
          You can try:
          Ukrainian music on CDs
          Discover a great selection of Folk,
          Pop, Rock, Jazz, Orthodox music.
          www.UMKA.com.ua
          On 10-Oct-05, at 4:03 PM, Patricia Hefner wrote:
          > Does anyone know how I might get hold of Ukrainian folk music CD's?
          > Thanks in advance for any help with this.
          >
          > Isabelle de Foix
          > Shire Brantestone
          > Kingdom of Meridies

          The group Drevo has some very good reviews.
          AVL

        • Stephanie Ross

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 10, 2005
                Try www.polartcenter.com

                They may not be on their web site, but shoot them an email. I'm sure
                they have something. They are a brick & mortar store that I visit
                semi-regularly, but they also have a decent sized web business.

                Ron
              • Michał M
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 11, 2005
                  --- Stephanie Ross <hlaislinn@...>
                  napisal(a):

                  > Ebay always has a lot of Ukrainian music CDs up for
                  > auction. You could also try this website:
                  Good (polish) internet shop with etno and folk music:
                  http://etno.serpent.pl/
                  http://koka.serpent.pl/eng.html

                  My recommended/favourites groups and solists:
                  Svitlana Nianio
                  Ihor Cymbrowskyj
                  Hilka
                  Drewo
                  Mychajło Chaj

                  Michał
                  --
                  http://www.korzenie.org

                  Czy już jesteś w Yahoo!?
                  Masz dosyć spamu? Poczta Yahoo! dysponuje najlepszą ochroną przed spamem
                  http://pl.mail.yahoo.com