SIG Members With AOL Accounts

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2005
      If you are using an AOL account as your official email contact for the
      Slavic Interest Group (NOT this listserv, but the Group -- see the SIG
      mailing list if you are unsure: http://www.goldschp.net/SIG/maillist.html )
      then we need to talk.

      AOL just bounced all of my notices of the new SIG newsletter, using the
      following error code:
      http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html

      This strikes me as the usual AOL proprietary nonsense since my ISP is not
      greylisted or anything of the sort. What I believe is going on is that
      AOL's spam filters are excluding mass mailings.

      So, if you want your email addresses listed on the SIG site, I'll need your
      help. Give me an email address that won't bounce a mass mailing, or
      contact AOL and tell them what is happening. I will be happy to privately
      forward the full text of the bounce message to you if you need more
      information on what is happening.

      Thanks and sorry for the nuisance,
      Paul Wickenden
    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2005
        Hey Paul, if my email bounced, please try it again, or use
        _panzygmunt@..._ (mailto:panzygmunt@...) . I prefer the AOL account.

        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Kruki Jedzenia;
        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
        Ward of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
        My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
        "Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" ~Mae West~