FW: [wyewood] sort of a Russian-y question

  • mir.plemmons@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2005
      I can't think of a DK style for all of Russia... and I don't know a *thing* about punch needle.

      Help??

      thanks
      Mir

      From: "Steven Holtzner" <holtr28@...>
      To: "Multiple recipients of list Wyewood" <Wyewood@...>
      Subject: [wyewood] sort of a Russian-y question
      Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:37:14 +0000

      I need the Russian equivalent of the DK travel books for Great Britain and Ireland. I know DK has books for Moscow and St. Petersburg, but what I am looking for is a larger coverage of Russia. The DK travel books have wonderful photos and interesting info on different places to visit and a little history about various towns. And they are small enough to have in bed with you when reading about far places- unlike coffe table books. I know so little visually about Russia and want to be able to see the areas I am reading about historically.

      Also does anyone know how far into the past Russian punch needle embroidery reaches. I know it was around during the last few Czars reigns.

      Rowan

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2005
        Is anyone else getting spam mail either in russian or
        from russian sources?

        --Sfandra

        ******************
        Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
        Kingdom of the East
        ******************
        "Earth: The most dangerous place known to Man. Billions of humans have died there." --TarynEve, "Desert Isle" (ENTff)

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • goldschp@tds.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2005
          Hmmm...sometimes I do, but I haven't received any lately (as in it's been at least 4 months since I got any). The Nigerians seem to be much more prolific.

          -- Paul

          > Is anyone else getting spam mail either in russian or
          > from russian sources?
          >
          > --Sfandra
        • susannah53
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 17, 2005
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Sfandra <seonaid13@y...> wrote:

            > Is anyone else getting spam mail either in russian or
            > from russian sources?
            >
            > --Sfandra

            Yes, I receive at least a few a month; in fact, I deleted one just
            this morning. As I don't read Russian, I have no idea what they say.

            Susannah
          • C
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2005
              To be honest, I have no idea what language it's been in, although I have
              assumed it's Czech. Very interesting characters.

              _____

              Is anyone else getting spam mail either in russian or
              from russian sources?

              --Sfandra

              ******************
              Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
              Kingdom of the East
              ******************
              "Earth: The most dangerous place known to Man. Billions of humans have died
              there." --TarynEve, "Desert Isle" (ENTff)

              ieval+and+renaissance+costume&w2=Society+for+creative+anachronism&w3=Medieva
              l+time+dinner+and+tournament&c=3&s=117&.sig=QfASwUOIaIvkiStublptpw> and
              renaissance costume

              Society
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Society+for+creative+anachronism&w1=Med
              ieval+and+renaissance+costume&w2=Society+for+creative+anachronism&w3=Medieva
              l+time+dinner+and+tournament&c=3&s=117&.sig=ITwtXU13XcrRFbRsGqt4uA> for
              creative anachronism

              Medieval
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medieval+time+dinner+and+tournament&w1=
              Medieval+and+renaissance+costume&w2=Society+for+creative+anachronism&w3=Medi
              eval+time+dinner+and+tournament&c=3&s=117&.sig=5HfkcsNg0NQAOuid4_aIvg> time
              dinner and tournament

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              web.