Re: slow List week coming up

  • Jenn Ridley
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 25, 1999
      On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:54:41 EST, MHoll@... wrote:

      >jdmiller2@... writes:
      >
      >> Yana, list administrator (off to bake some pies, and rolls, and turkey,
      >> and prime rib, and sweet potatoes...)
      >
      >And prime rib????
      >
      >I thought it was turkey and ham everywhere...

      Depends...it's always been some kind of beef or pork roast in our
      house (my dad doesn't like poultry in large chunks...he's fine with
      baked chicken pieces, but no whole roasted birds). Mom usually has a
      standing rib roast. I'm doing an eye of round.

      I haven't had turkey for thanksgiving since we had T'giving dinner
      with the minister (three houses, and two churches ago).

      >Predslava,
      >warped by Midwest conceptions of the world (via Wisconsinite husband)

      I've lived in the Midwest all my life, and both parents are
      Midwesterners, too...

      stasia
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 25, 1999
        >Yana, where in Nebraska?? I'm originally from Norfolk, which is north
        >eastern corner. About 2 hours drive from Omaha, where highways 81 and 275
        >intersect.

        Lincoln. I miss it, but Madison has better restaurants.
        --Yana
      • MHoll@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 25, 1999
          In a message dated 11/25/1999 12:07:50 PM Central Standard Time,
          BanAvtai@... writes:

          > Don't you miss the way the dough changes under your hands when you knead
          it?

          > Or smelling the yeasty sponge?

          I get by on the second kneading and the shaping. My assistant does the hard
          mixing part.

          Somehow, I always manage to start something complicated like bread making
          when the kids are sure to interrupt (complicated, as opposed to mac and
          cheese for dinner; as in time consuming). 8 years, and I still haven't
          learned.

          Masha,
          often creating Predslava when she cooks from scratch.

          I hope everyone has waddled off after a nice, big, dinner, and is sitting in
          happy stupor about now. Happy Thanksgiving!
        • Orionova@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 26, 1999
            I never lived in Lincoln, although my sister had a house there for a long
            while. My brother now lives in Papillion with his family, but he's the only
            one left in the Midwest. I agree about Madison, since it was where a lot of
            my Dad's family lived we were there fairly often. And it's the county seat,
            only a short drive from Norfolk.

            Nice to know I'm not the only expatriated Nebraskan around.

            Natasha Orionova