Web Page Updates

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      I've been being industrious this weekend and have updated a number of pages
      of interest to SIG folks.

      1) The Links and Knowledge Page pages on the SIG site are finally updated
      (most of the links were dead, so this was a pretty heavy duty clean up).

      http://slavic.freeservers.com/links.html
      http://slavic.freeservers.com/knowledge.html

      2) The Life of Alexander Nevsky page which has been dead for several years
      is no safely hosted on my own domain. It has really nifty pictures of
      people in garb. Check it out at:

      http://www.goldschp.net/SIG/nevskii/nevskii.html

      3) The Russian Miniatures page (which is still active at its old geocities
      address but the links point to the wrong locations) has also been safely
      migrated to my domain. It also has lots of nifty pictures of people in
      garb. Check it out at:

      http://www.goldschp.net/SIG/vern/verntoc.html

      4) Slovo index pages -- I've let this slide for a long time. Yana indexed
      the first twelve issues of Slovo, but no other updates were ever
      done. I've started the process but it will take some time for me to get
      completely caught up. As of today, I'm up to issue #20. When I'm done,
      I'll see about working on a subject index. Right now, all we have is title
      and author.

      http://www.goldschp.net/SIG/slovo/author_index.html
      http://www.goldschp.net/SIG/slovo/title_index.html

      That's all!

      Paul
    • turanomar@libero.it
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        Dear Paul and SIG memebrs
        I have published 5 years ago a book where I "revived" Alexander Nevskii thru enriching the tale of his life and feats by dialogs and it had a good success here in Italy. Do you think it would be worth translating it into English and try and publish it the US? Why such a question: I did not visit yet the pages that u suggested lately where A.N. is talked about but I am eager to broaden the palette of readers of Old Russian History. I hope you did visit the pages of www.mondimedievali.net MEDIOEVO RUSSO which are taken care of by myself. It is a pity that the pages are in Italian, but ... that's life. I have been lately in Russia and there is a huge demand for history: What is Russiam what was Russia, why Kiev and why and why... SIG is great as a tribune for informing everybody about old realities of Rus and Russia and Lithuania and Latvia etc. etc. There is a lage mining for a studnet of history in the Eastern European Plain. Do you think it would be useful to have SIG pages in other languages than English? Many problems but please give me a help!
        Aldo