Re: [sig] beadwork

  • Kimberly A. Wajer-Scott
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2005
      Quoting Rachel Sampsel <raelee@...>:

      > I'm working on beading a dress and I'm running into a problem

      In my experience there are a few things you can do to help.
      1. It may or may not be period (I don't know), but it is effective: string the
      beads on a fine wire rather than a thread before couching.
      2. Do not use an embroidery hoop or frame. Let the fabric lie limp when
      couching. Problems most often occur when the ground fabric is too tight, then
      when it is released, the couching sags. When the ground fabric is loose, be
      careful not to pull stitches too tight, or they will pucker. Tension is a
      matter of practice, unfortunately. No matter how carefully I try to
      describe to
      you, my words may not help.
      3. Make sure to couch between each bead, if you aren't already. A basic
      thing, I
      know, but one that isn't always obvious to newer stitchers.

      --
      Kimberly A. Wajer-Scott
      http://www.wajerscott.com