daily life 12th century

  • irmeda3z
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2005
      I am looking for a place to find information about daily life in 12th
      century.

      Were people washing clothes in rivers? Bathing in rivers? How often?
      How did they keep homes clean.

      What type of chores would be expected of a teenager?

      I'm doing research for a children's story. thank you so much!
    • turanomar@libero.it
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2005
        I have made a research some years ago about everyday life in Novgorod in the XII cent. when this town was at its peak of development and riches... but in Italian! If you can read Italian, I can send it over to you.
        Ciao
        Aldo C. Marturanov

        U could also visit www.mondimedievali.net and go to MEDIOEVO RUSSO and find a lot of information,

        > I am looking for a place to find information about daily life in 12th
        > century.
        >
        > Were people washing clothes in rivers? Bathing in rivers? How often?
        > How did they keep homes clean.
        >
        > What type of chores would be expected of a teenager?
        >
        > I'm doing research for a children's story. thank you so much!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul W Goldschmidt
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21, 2005
          Which culture are you looking at?

          You might start with the SIG Bibliography, as it contains most of the
          literary classics.

          http://slavic.freeservers.com/biblio/biblio.html

          -- Paul

          At 02:52 PM 9/20/2005, you wrote:
          >I am looking for a place to find information about daily life in 12th
          >century.
          >
          >Were people washing clothes in rivers? Bathing in rivers? How often?
          >How did they keep homes clean.
          >
          >What type of chores would be expected of a teenager?
          >
          >I'm doing research for a children's story. thank you so much!
        • jan brockman
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2005
            I'm interested in people living in Carpathia. Thank you . I'll check the web site you mentioned.