Found a book on 'antiquities' in Russian

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2005
      Hi all,
      While searching through some of the murkier and uncatalogued areas of
      my university library, I happened across volumes 3 and 5 of Russian
      books (I believe) published in 1890 and 1897 respectively.

      The only catch is that I can't read a word of Russian and so have no
      idea what I've come across, except for the photographs, and they look
      FANTASTIC.

      The title is
      РУССКІЯ ДРЕВНОСТИ ВЪ ПАМЯТНИКАХЪ ИСКУССТВА
      (Russkiia drevnosti v pamiatnikakh iskusstva by Graf Ivan Ivanovich
      Tolstoi?)

      If anyone would be able to either help me with the title, or would
      even like me to scan in particular bits and pieces, since it appears
      that the copyright on this text has expired, then please do contact me.

      Thanks in advance,
      Rebecca
    • Bethany
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2005
        I get "Russian old things from memorable art." Granted, my tiny dictionary I
        have with me doesn't have the exact forms of all the words.

        - Alasa

        [clipped by moderator]